This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Rosol – Polish Chicken Soup (Authentic Recipe) - September 18, 2023
- Grilled Chicken Shawarma (Easy Middle Eastern Dish) - September 14, 2023
- Pan Fried Haddock Mediterranean Style - September 8, 2023
Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese is a humble breakfast dish with Mediterranean flavors that comes together super quick.
This Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese breakfast dish is one of the recipes that you will come back over and over. In fact I am cooking it very often since I initially posted it in November of 2014. This recipe has been shared over 105K times! Because of its huge success I decided to update it with additional information.
I tried this combination of Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese for the first time a few years ago in a cafe in trending area of Brooklyn: Williamsburg. Time has passed and I totally forgot about this dish, until I spotted those perfect ramekins in TJMax the other day and immediately thought about Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese (I used them also in this Cheesy Broccoli Au Gratin dish).
If you follow my blog, you probably know by now that I loooove feta cheese, tomatoes and…eggs of course. So for me this dish is a happy dance like those 2 crazy ladies from emojis in iPhone…you know what I mean…
Those eggs are so decadent and impressive.
You only need very few ingredients to make a stunning breakfast and impress someone you care for. I’m not sure I can still impress my husband, but I keep trying 🙂
In a last few years he become a food aficionado and the stakes are getting higher and higher. I’m not going to complain about that. It will force me to get better ever day.
Anyways, how to make those wonderful, decadent eggs?
- Just chop tomatoes,
- add to ramekin, add crumbled feta,
- crack two eggs,
- season with salt, pepper and oregano
- and place into the hot oven until the egg whites are set.
- That’s it. It can be done from start to finish in 15 minutes. It cannot get any easier than that.
This dish is naturally gluten free but by all means if you don’t follow gluten free diet pair it with this amazing Homemade Dutch Oven Crusty Bread or French Baquettes Made at Home for Mon Petit Four. I dare you!
I know it’s another dish with feta, but I will be completely honest here. If I’m getting low with my feta supply I’m getting nervous. It’s not that easy to find a very good quality feta, so when I go to Costco, I like to stock up on my Dodonis (I am not affiliated with this company. I just like this feta a lot)
I have a back up plan with Trader Joe’s, but that’s really the last resort. Dodonis is by far the best Feta Cheese I have ever tried. That’s how much I love feta and I can use it in soooo many different ways like in this Greek Lentil Soup with Feta or this Greek Spinach Rice with Feta. It’s simply wonderful. And these Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese are no different. Try it and enjoy 🙂
Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Beefsteak tomato , chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese good quality, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 F;
- Spray ramekins with olive oil spray;
- Add chopped tomatoes and crumbled feta to ramekins (1/4 cup of each to each ramekins);
- Sprinkle with dried oregano;
- Crack 2 eggs to each ramekin;
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper;
- Place it in the hot oven and cook until egg whites are set, about 15-17 minutes (keep it in the oven longer if egg whites are still running, but watch it carefully so you don't overcook your egg yolks.)
If you are looking for another use of your feta this Horiatiki Salad with Golden Greek Peperoncini is amazing (+ enter to win Meal Kit for two, from CHEF’D)
If you like this recipe, you may also like these amazing egg recipes: