This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Kolokithokeftedes (Greek Zucchini Fritters with Feta) - August 30, 2022
- Brussels Sprouts Soup Recipe (European Style) - August 24, 2022
- Polish Meatballs (aka Kotlety Mielone) - May 9, 2022
Who knew garbanzo beans married so well with hard boiled eggs, fresh herbs, and a sprinkling of sesame seeds, lemon and garlic. These Chickpea Egg Fritters with Tahini Sauce is a vegetarian treat for either lunch or dinner. It can be served with simple side veggies like avocados, greens and tomatoes, and in a pita bread or on a bun. The choice is yours.
These Chickpea Egg Fritters are extremely easy to make. The only trick is to start the day before. Just like a falafel, these fritters will need dried garbanzo beans soaked overnight. If you use canned chickpeas the consistency will be different, a little more mushy.
So if you want to have ‘falafel-like’ fritters you’ll need to use the dried beans. The next day, the dish comes together super quickly. A food processor will do most of the heavy lifting. You will also need to hard boil some eggs and have them cooled down prior to adding to food processor.
Here are the easy steps to follow to make these Chickpea Egg Fritters:
- Soak a 1/2 lb. of dried garbanzo beans with plenty of water. It will produce about 3 cups of chickpeas the next day
- Hard boil 4 eggs
- Add chickpeas into a food processor and pulse them a couple of times
- Add cooled, peeled eggs; a 1/3 cup of scallions (green and white parts)
- Add 1/3 cup of parsley and 1 garlic clove
- Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of himalayan salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Chop it/Mix it all together for a minute or two
- Taste for seasoning requirements
- Form into little balls; then flatten them out and sprinkle in some Panco breadcrumbs
- Heat up some olive oil, or ghee, and fry the patties on each side until golden brown (about 2 minutes)
- In a separate bowl add 1/2 cup of tahini paste, 1/3 cup (or more) of water, 1 chopped garlic clove and juice from a lemon half
- Mix the sauce together
- Serve fritters with the sauce on top!
- You can add avocado, tomatoes and greens to the plate
- You can also make a sandwich with bun or pita bread
- Finally…….Enjoy! 🙂
When I was a child growing up in Poland, there was a tradition of abstaining from meat on Fridays. It would mean that there had to be lots of alternatives available which kids would enjoy eating, for instance: Potato and Cheese Pierogi, Sauerkraut and Mushroom Pierogi (Yes, you heard it right…kids in Poland love them!), Potato Pancakes or Fluffy Apple Pancakes (and yes, people eat sweet dishes for dinner in Poland).
Hard boiled eggs fritters were also amongst the favorites. I really liked them. So, recently I was thinking about this dish from my childhood and thought that it might be fun to fuse it together with another favorite…falafel fritters. I came up with this recipe for Chickpea Egg Fritters and I think it’s worthy of sharing. If you like falafel and eggs, you will love this vegetarian treat.
But if you’re looking for a falafel recipe you may want to check one from Gimme Some Oven.
Chickpea Egg Fritters with Tahini Sauce
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans dried
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup scallion green and white parts
- 1/3 cup parsley flat leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup bread crumbs Panco
- 1 teaspoon salt himalayan
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Tahini Paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Cover dried chickpeas with 4 cups of water and soak overnight
- Boil 4 eggs for 10 minutes and let them cool
- Add chickpeas to the food processor and pulse a few times
- Add to the food processor: cooled, peeled eggs, scallion, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper and mix everything together
- Mix for 1 or 2 minutes
- Form little balls from the mixture and flatten them out
- In a frying pan heat up some 2 tablespoon olive oil or ghee
- Fry the fritters on both sides until golden brown for about 2 minutes on each side
- Add all the ingredients for tahini sauce together and mix well
If you like this recipe, you may also like: