This perfect detox salad combines amazing cruciferous vegetables like: cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower with carrots, spinach, green onions, seeds and nuts. Topping it a with Meyer lemon and some olive oil dressing makes for a perfect salad that will rejuvenate and detoxify you.
If you’re looking for a delicious, healthy treat that has detoxifying properties and also makes you feel satisfied….look no further. The inclusion of nuts, seeds and olive oil in this salad will certainly make you feel full. I had this perfect detox salad for lunch and felt absolutely satisfied.
And Meyer lemon brightens this up so beautifully. If you haven’t tried Meyer lemons yet, I highly encourage you to do so. They’re basically the perfect marriage between lemon and tangerine flavors. It almost perfumes your dish. I’m a big fan of Meyer lemons. In fact, I used them in this amazing Dijon and Mayer Lemon Chicken.
So, shortly before making this dish I had been struggling with an aging food processor. Obviously, I wanted to get a new one and miraculously my husband surprised me with one as a Christmas gift. I couldn’t wait to demo it. I had read all the instructions and was ready to give it a shot. It was love at first pulse! Shredding carrots was so easy. Previously, I had found it best to shred carrots by hand, which invariably took some time. With my new food processor it literally took a few seconds.
I used my new addition to the kitchen gadgets and attachments. I was very happy with shredding/chopping all my veggies with this food processor. With all that said, this salad isn’t dependent on a restaurant grade processor. You can easily chop the veggies with the knife and shred your carrot by hand. So, don’t be discouraged if you don’t have or don’t want to use a food processor but still want to make this salad. Chop all of these babies up and enjoy this Perfect Detox Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing.
Perfect Detox Salad with Mayer Lemon Dressing
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup broccoli floretts
- 1 cup cauliflower floretts
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup scallion chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts raw or toasted
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds raw or toasted
- 1 Mayer lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt kosher or himalayan
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly grounded
- You can use a food processor to chop cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and shred the carrot.You can also chop the veggies to your liking
- Add cut up or shredded cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, baby spinach, chopped scallion, shredded carrots, pumpkin seeds and pine nuts to a bowl
- Add dressing and mix everything well together
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar and mix well. If it is too tick you can add a little bit of water.
If you like this recipe you may also like these salads: