This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon - November 17, 2022
- Turkey Stuffed Acorn Squash – all fall flavors in one dish - November 5, 2022
- Kolokithokeftedes (Greek Zucchini Fritters with Feta) - August 30, 2022
Watermelon Feta and Mint Salad – straight from Greece, this summer super refreshing salad is very light and full of flavor.
Hey there, I wanted to just quickly post about this wonderful summer addition to my repertoire – Watermelon Feta and Mint Salad. My friend, whose husband’s family is 100% Greek and she goes there almost every summer, told me that this dish is always served in Greece. When she visited me recently I served this super refreshing salad and she said that one bite takes her right back to Greece. And the funny thing is that she doesn’t even like watermelon. But with feta and mint, watermelon is elevated to a totally different level.
Summer is still here and we can still enjoy abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables. To me, watermelon simply screens: summer, water, fun… It’s sweet and refreshing. Pairing it with salty feta creates this perfect balance between savory and sweet. Mint adds another level of freshness. I also added some chili powder for a little kick. It was just fabulous.
Enjoy your summer my friends as long as you can and give this wonderful Watermelon Feta and Mint Salad a try. I did not add any dressing to this salad as I think these ingredients speak for themselves, but if you feel like you need some kind of dressing, sprinkle it with lemon juice and olive oil. The best part of this dish is that it is done in no time. Just assemble everything on a plate and voila. Cheers to Summer!
- 2 cups of cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup of good quality Feta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- Place watermelon on serving plate
- Top it with feta
- Sprinkle with chili powder and mint
- Serve immediately