This is a super easy and super healthy dish inspired by the Mediterranean diet that can be easily served for lunch or light dinner. The best part is that this Mediterranean Hummus Bowl can be ready in 10 minutes.
The next time you are looking for a pack and go vegetarian lunch to work or school, look no further. This dish will not disappoint you.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.
How to make this Mediterranean Hummus Bowl?
It’s easy. You will only need to put a few ingredients together:
- Add chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon, and some olive oil into the blender (spoiler: that’s the most work you will need to do) and blend some Hummus
- Then simply assemble the bowl:
- Add tomatoes, olives, greens (Spinach, Arugula or Mixed Greens), feta and either more chickpeas, beans or lentils.
- Sprinkle with some salt, pepper, dried oregano,
- Drizzled with good quality olive oil and some lemon juice.
- And you are done.
How to make Hummus?
You can use my recipe for Chipotle Hummus, but if you want to make a simple, plain Hummus follow these steps:
- Using a food processor , start the engine and add 2 garlic cloves
- Once garlic is cut into the small pieces, stop the blender and add
- 1 small can (14 oz) of rinsed chickpeas,
- 1/3 cup of Tahini (you can easily buy it in the supermarket or on Amazon),
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (or more to taste),
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon of good quality Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon of chickpeas water
- Blend everything together and taste for seasoning.
What to eat with Hummus?
- Obviously, hummus can be eaten with pita bread as it is done all over the Mediterranean Sea;
- It can also be eaten with crudités – raw cut up vegetables, like cucumbers, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes etc.
- It can be eaten in a bowl like in my recipe below for Mediterranean Hummus Bowl
- It can be used to make a dressing like in this Mediterranean Salad with Hummus Dressing from Get Inspired Everyday
- It can be used in the wraps like in this Easy Mediterranean Chicken Wraps with Hummus from Coffee and Crayons or in this Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Curry Wraps by Lemons and Basil
- It can be eaten in a sandwich like in this Grilled Cauliflower Hummus Sandwich from Kara Lydon.
- It can be eaten in a taco like in this Sweet Potato, Black Bean Hummus & Vegan Plantation Tacos from Endurance Zone
- It can be added to pitas as in this Shredded Lamb Pitas with Fried Eggplant by Simply Delicious.
As you can see there are many possible ways to use and eat Hummus, but for now, I encourage you to try my Mediterranean Hummus Bowl. It’s so delicious.
Other Mediterranean Recipes to Try:
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower Mediterranean Style
- Cauliflower Fried Rice Mediterranean Style
- Mediterranean Platter with Roasted Peppers Hummus and Feta
- Greek Spinach Rice with Feta
- Watermelon Feta and Mint Salad
- Kolokhitopita – Greek Zucchini Pie
- Kolokhitokeftedes – Greek Zucchini Fritters
- Melitzanoslata – Greek Eggplant Dip
Mediterranean Hummus Bowl
- 1.5 cup Chickpeas small can
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- 1/3 cup Tahini sesame paste
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoon Chickpeas water
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt up to 1/2
- 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas beans or cooked lentils
- 1/4 cup Pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese good quality
- 1/2 cup Greens (arugula, spinach or mixed greens)
- 1/2 cup Homemade hummus or store-bought
- 1 teaspoon Squeezed lemon juice squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Turn on the food processor, drop the garlic down the food tube, and process until minced.
- After the garlic is fully processed, then add the remaining ingredients to the processor and process until you get the consistency you like.
- Check the seasoning and if needed you may add more salt or lemon juice.
- In a bowl place together: greens, tomatoes, olives, chickpeas, feta, and hummus.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, and oregano.