This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon - November 17, 2022
- Turkey Stuffed Acorn Squash – all fall flavors in one dish - November 5, 2022
- Kolokithokeftedes (Greek Zucchini Fritters with Feta) - August 30, 2022
Jacques Pepin Chicken with Garlic and Parsley is a very flavorful and quick recipe for a dinner any day of the week. There is a secret ingredient which makes this chicken super crispy and irresistible.
I came across this amazing Jacques Pepin Chicken with Garlic and Parsley recipe in his book Fast Food My Way (affiliate link) and I got an itch to make it immidiately. The technique used to make the sauce is similar to the one used in Spanish cuisine; for example, in this Spanish Style Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo). So I knew the smell and flavor would be incredible.
I also knew that it could be ready in no time. The chicken is cut up into small, nugget sizes, so it cooks extremely fast. These chicken pieces are cut up from a chicken breast which means that you need to be mindful of the meat drying out. So, to make this dish perfectly, you’ll need to cook it quickly and on a high heat.
But there is a secret ingredient to make these chicken nuggets super crispy without breading and deep frying… I must admit, I had no idea that this product even existed, until I read about it and then researched it. To save the suspense any longer, the secret us the use of WONDRA flour! It’s super fine and apparently amazing for gravies. But it works wonders in this recipe. In fact, even though I wasn’t really familiar with this product ahead of time, it turned out that I had no difficulty finding it. I was surprised to find it both on Amazon (affiliate link) and in my local grocery store. For purposes of this recipe, the chicken is lightly coated in it and then cooking it on high heat develops a nice, golden crust that is crispy and irresistible.
The reason I’m super exited about this recipe is because my 4 year old son hardly eats anything, but he loves his chicken nuggets! So I can use this recipe to easily make a batch of nuggets for him with the 1st wave, & then leave the rest of the chicken in a pan for us. I write about his pickiness in this post featuring Antipasto Pasta Salad with Salami and Bologna – in fact, it’s reoccurring theme in my house. With the remaining chicken I just need to add this absolutely out-of-this-world garlic and parsley sauce and simply indulge. If you’re inclined, a piece of Homemade Dutch Oven Crusty Bread can be dunked in this fabulous sauce to accompany the chicken.
What I also love about this Jacques Pepin Chicken recipe is that it can be adjusted and used with number of different sauces instead of the garlic and parsley one. For instance:
- You can make honey mustard sauce that I used for these Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders;
- You can use your favorite BBQ sauce; OR
- just add ketchup.
The cooking technique is what’s important here. You’ll really need to cook it quick; (like less then 2 minutes on each side). One word of caution here: because you’ll be cooking it on such a high heat, with a very fine coating, the chicken will splash. Make sure to have a good splatter guard (affiliate link) ready to avoid a mess in the kitchen and a scalding on your hands. That’s the only downside of this recipe, but if you use a good splatter, it is totally worth it!
If you are looking for a super delicious and very quick dinner idea this Jacques Pepin Chicken with Garlic and Parsley recipe will not disappoint you!
Jacques Pepin Chicken with Garlic and Parsley
- 3 chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp Wondra flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp garlic fresh, chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley Italian, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 lemon quartered
- Cut the chicken in the cubes and dry with paper towel;
- Place the chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper;
- Add Wondra flour and toss well;
- Heat the 12 inch non stick skillet until hot but not smoky;
- Add chicken cubes and cook in one layer, turning occasionally for about 3 1/2 minutes;
- In a separat bowl combine garlics and parsley;
- Add butter and parsley/garlic mixture to the pan and cook for one minute shaking the skillet to coat the chicken;
- Serve immediately (within 15 minutes) with lemon wedge for each serving.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. I only recommend what I like and use. Please only purchase what you need.
This recipe would pair perfectly with these side dishes:
Or these salads:
Here are other chicken dinners that you may like: