This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Polish Meat Pierogi - January 5, 2021
- Borscht (Barszcz Czerwony) – Authentic Polish Recipe - December 10, 2020
- Mushroom Pierogi “Uszka” for Borscht - December 8, 2020
Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs, with Garlic Yogurt sauce, are packed with flavor. Marinated in Mediterranean spices, garlic and lemon, then grilled to perfection and topped with cooling garlic yogurt sauce, these chicken skewers are guaranteed winners.
Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs are my new favorite. What I love about them first is the flavor, but second the fact that they are almost the full standalone meal. If you’re prepared to pass on the carbs, these skewers can be your dinner right there. You have your protein and your veggies on one stick! However, should you long for carbs, obviously you can serve them with side dishes like this Greek Panzanella Salad with Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette or even Potato Salad with Eggs and Pickles.
I made a Garlic Yogurt sauce for these Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs, but you can easily substitute that with this Traditional Greek Tzatziki sauce or this Spanish Romesco Sauce. All these options will pair nicely.
In order to make these Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs so flavorful, you’ll need to marinade them for a minimum of half hour before grilling (though the longer the better). The marinade includes:
- Sweet paprika;
- Smoked spicy paprika (Spanish pimentos);
- Italian seasoning (I like using it as it contains oregano, basil, sage and garlic);
- Olive oil; and
- Salt and pepper.
You will need to mix all the marinade ingredients, cut your chicken into cubes, and cut up peppers and onions too. Throw everything into a bowl, pour the marinade over it and let the tastes marry. After at least a 1/2 hr. you can start assembling the skewers. If you’re using wooden skewers, you should soak them in a water for as long as chicken marinates. I used metal skewers so I was able to skip this step.
To temper all of the spices I made this simple Garlic Yogurt sauce with just a few ingredients:
- Yogurt (if using Greek Yogurt as opposed to natural one, you may need to add some water to loosen it up. Greek yogurt is very thick and if you want more sauce texture then add some water);
- Lemon; and
- Olive oil.
I’m so exited that summer is finally here and we can fully exercise our outdoor grill and make such amazing recipes like these Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs. Summer will be over before the blink of the eye so let’s get grilling! If you are up for a challenge you can serve these with this Easy Soft Flatbread from Recipe Tin Eats.
Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs with Garlic Yogurt sauce
- 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 red onion cut in quarters
- 1 pepper bell, cut into squares
- 2 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika Spanish, hot
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup yogurt natural
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add all the marinade ingredients to the small bowl and mix well together;
- In a large bowl add chicken, peppers and onions;
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and veggies, place in refrigerator for at least half hour;
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for at least half hour;
- After marinating assemble skewers with onions, chicken, peppers order until all ingredients are used.;
- Cook the skewers on medium hot grill for about 15 minutes, turning often, until chicken is cooked through with the internal temperature at 165F;
- In a separate bowl add all the Garlic Yogurt Sauce ingredients and mix well;
- Serve the skewers with garlic yogurt sauce.
If you like this recipe you may also like these awesome recipes:
Grilled Shrimp with Garlic Sauce