This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Turkey Stuffed Acorn Squash – all fall flavors in one dish - October 22, 2021
- Tomato and Peppers Stew – Hungarian Lecho - August 5, 2021
- Instant Pot® Beef Stroganoff - May 19, 2021
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese is a very simple yet super delicious side dish. Packed with nutrients and flavor this roasted asparagus will become your family favorite. Even kids will love it!
This post was originally published on June 5, 2014 and was since updated to provide additional information.
It’s springtime! What time is it? It’s time for Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese! Yeey! (whoever has little kids and watches ‘Bubble Guppies’ will know this ridiculous “What time is it” phrase :). Yet I digress…..so, Roasted Asparagus. Not only it is simple, elegant and super delicious, but it also requires almost no work on your part. Win, win!
Consider this the next recipe from the series of easy side dishes. I ask, how often are you coming back home and just need to put a dinner on a table with little to no time? For me, that’s the norm. Therefore I’m always trying to stock up on easy ingredients that I can just put in the oven and quickly serve. This one is one of our absolute favorites. We love, love asparagus!
To be quite honest, I did not eat much green asparagus back in Poland; just because it wasn’t easily accessible. The white version with Hollandaise sauce is way more popular. But now I’m a convert.
I probably mentioned it before (& this will be a reoccurring theme) that my husband is always giving me hard time when I put veggies on his plate. Surprisingly, not with asparagus though. Two of his favorite veggies – asparagus and artichokes – he can eat all the time. And I am super happy about this as both of them are superfoods, packed with vitamins and minerals. You can read more about the health benefits of asparagus below.
How to make Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese:
So, how to make it?
- Take a bundle of asparagus and rinse it under water; the thicker the better for roasting;
- Take one and try to break it where it naturally breaks to get rid of the hard part; you can do it with all of them or cut the rest where the first one broke;
- Then just toss the spears on a baking sheet with some olive oil, salt, pepper and shredded Parmesan cheese;
- Pop in the oven preheated to 425F for 10-12 minutes; and
Wait couple of minutes and then indulge in this velvety yet crunchy vegetable with sweet and salty taste of crispy Parmesan. Did I make you hungry for Roasted Asparagus? Good, go get some before it’s gone. I’m going to dig into mine. Uuuhhh..
Wanna know about health benefits of Asparagus? Read on:
1. Asparagus is low in calories and is very low in sodium.
2. The spears contain dietary-fiber that helps decrease bad (LDL) cholesterol level and regulate blood sugar levels.
3. Fresh asparagus spears are a good source of antioxidants that help remove harmful oxidant free radicals from the body and protect it from possible cancer.
4. Fresh asparagus is rich in foliates – very important for pregnant women.
5. Asparagus is also rich in B-complex group of vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6.
6. It is a good source of other vitamins such as vitamin-C, vitamin-A, vitamin-E and vitamin-K.
7. And if that isn’t enough, asparagus is also a good source of minerals, especially copper and iron. But it also contains some other essential minerals and electrolytes such as: calcium, potassium, manganese, and phosphorus. Potassium can help controlling heart rate and blood pressure by countering effects of sodium. Manganese is powerful antioxidant. Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. Iron is needed for red blood cell formation.
Please let me know how do you like eating your asparagus. I’d love to hear.
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Bunch Asparagus hard endings broken and removed
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese freshly shredded
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F
- Place the asparagus on baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, mix together to make sure that all spears are coated
- Sprinkle with the shredded Parmesan cheese
- Roast until tender, about for 10-12 minutes depending on thickness.
More Recipes to Try with Parmesan Cheese
Still Looking for more Asparagus recipes? Try these recipes from the fellow bloggers:
Asparagus and Arugula Pasta Salad by Gimme Some Oven
Easy Asparagus Recipe with Mediterranean Salsa by The Mediterranean Dish