This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Borscht (Barszcz Czerwony) – Authentic Polish Recipe - December 19, 2022
- Authentic Polish Pierogi with Potatoes and Cheese (Pierogi Ruskie) - December 8, 2022
- Mushroom Pierogi “Uszka” for Borscht - December 3, 2022
These Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Pesto can be added to your ketogenic breakfast menu if you are looking for low carb recipes. It’s super quick, delicious, naturally low in carbs and packed full of healthy fats.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.
For the last few weeks I have been trying to incorporate a ketogenic diet into my life. I’ve been struggling with loosing the last ten pounds since having a baby a year ago and decided to give this super popular diet a try.
The principles of this diet are simple: eat a minimal amount of carbs and lots of healthy fats. But it actually is easier said than done. Obviously your options are limited, so you’ll have to get creative in order to not get bored by eating the same foods over & over again.
I must say, ever since I started this diet I’ve created a few dishes that were so good that I couldn’t stop talking about them. While on keto diet, eggs are your best friends. But I got bored with boiled, scrambled & fried, so I decided to use these ramekins and bake myself some delicious eggs. That’s how this Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Pesto recipe was born.
While they are keto approved, you can enjoy these baked eggs with tomatoes and pesto even if you aren’t following this diet. In fact, if you aren’t constrained by the diet, then I’d suggest dunking an amazing crusty bread into them and indulging in this amazing combination of tastes. When egg yolk runs and mixes with the pesto, butter and parmesan; something really magical happens. It’s just crazy good!
This recipe for these baked eggs with tomatoes and pesto requires just few ingredients:
- Pesto – store bought (I like mine from Costco) or homemade (you can use this recipe );
- Parmesan Cheese; &
- Cooking spray.
Now there are some modifications that can be made here if you think this might be a little too much fat for you:
- You can skip the butter;
- You can skip the parmesan cheese (although I highly recommend using it); or
- You can nix the pesto when baking, and then just add as much or as little as you want once the eggs are baked.
The tools that you’ll need to make these baked eggs with tomatoes and pesto are equally as simple:
- Ramekins – mine are 7oz and they are similar to these very cute ones. But a simple “creme brûlée” type of ramekins will do the trick;
- A baking dish that can accommodate your ramekins – a glass one like this will work;
Prior to this post, I’ve also made two other baked eggs recipes: Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Feta, and Oven Baked Eggs with Sausage and Peppers. For this recipe of Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Pesto I used different technique.
- I used one egg per ramekin;
- I placed the ramekins in a baking dish with water filled half way up the ramekins (this technique is similar to one used for creme brûlée – it keeps the oven air moist and cooks the eggs evenly).
Whether on keto diet or not, make yourself these delicious eggs and let me know how you liked them.
Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Pesto
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Cherry tomatoes cut up
- 2 teaspoon Pesto
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan Cheese shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Heat up your oven to 425F;
- Spray ramekins with cooking spray; add chopped tomatoes and crack an egg into each one;
- Add pesto* to each ramekin, pat of butter and half the Parmesan Cheese;
- Place ramekins inside a baking dish filled with water half way up the side of ramekins;
- Bake eggs for approximately 15 minutes** until the whites are set but the yolks are still running.
More Recipes to Try
Creamy Spinach Soup with Parmesan Croutons
Mushroom Scallion Frittata with Parmesan Cheese
Quinoa Pasta with No-Cook Tomato Sauce
Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard
Read about the author Edyta here or follow Eating European on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Good for you for giving this diet a go. If all the food you can it looks like this delicious recipe, I’m in! YUMMY!
I hope this diet will work. So far so good 🙂
Ooooh eggs and pesto are so fantastic together!!
They really are! I love this combo 🙂
I’ve never thought about combining pesto with eggs. This looks and sounds delicious!
Thank you Jill. It really is delicious.
I lovvvvve pesto-baked eggs! One of my fav breakfasts of all time!! I’m pinning this for sure…great recipe!
Great! Thanks so much Traci!
I love baked eggs and this pesto version looks like a delicious breakfast option.
It is really delicious 🙂
Bella Hardy @ Healthnerdy.com
These baked eggs with tomatoes and pesto are so Instagrammable and adorable! As you know I made it a short while ago and it was lovely! Thx, Edyta for sharing!
Fantastic. I’m so happy to hear it!