This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Rosol – Polish Chicken Soup (Authentic Recipe) - September 18, 2023
- Grilled Chicken Shawarma (Easy Middle Eastern Dish) - September 14, 2023
- Pan Fried Haddock Mediterranean Style - September 8, 2023
Linguine with Broccoli and Romesco Sauce is an amazing pasta dish with a uniquely Spanish twist. Freshly cooked linguine is tossed with broccoli and a sauce made of roasted red peppers, tomatoes, onions and toasted almonds. Simply delicious.
Linguine with Broccoli and Romesco Sauce is among my absolute favorite pasta dishes ever. If you ever want to try a pasta with a different flavor then your traditional Italian one, look no further. This one will surely find a place on your hit list.
I kid you not…the Romesco sauce is really out of this world! If you’re an avid follower of this blog, you may recollect that I wrote about this Romesco sauce in one of my previous posts. One key here is to roast your red peppers. Do not use the jared ones; as you may find recommended in a lot of quick Romesco recipes. I just don’t think it can achieve the same deep flavor. Don’t get me wrong I do like shortcuts as much as the next person, but in this instance the little extra effort is rewarded. It doesn’t take long to roast the peppers and other veggies, but the ultimate outcome is outstanding.
I made this pasta with quickly steamed broccoli but you can roast them too for a deeper flavor.
Here are some ideas how you can alter this recipe:
- Roast broccoli instead of steaming;
- Use penne or fusilli instead of linguine;
- Add tuna, chicken or grilled shrimp;
- Use green beans instead of broccoli;
- Add olives (the olives are amazing when they are heat up – you can try them in this Mediterranean Chicken Stew with Sweet Potatoes, Beans and Olives)
As you can see this is a good recipe to tailor to your liking.
I found this recipe for Pasta with Green Beans, Tuna, Olives and Romesco in “The Mediterrasian Way” cookbook few years ago, right before Thanksgiving. I was hosting for the holidays and had about 5 family members coming over the night before Thanksgiving. I was preparing most of the dishes for Thanksgiving so I didn’t want to spend a lot of time cooking dinner in the kitchen the night before. So I made this Romesco sauce the day before. When everyone arrived I cooked penne and green beans, opened a can of tuna, tossed everything together with the Romesco and the dinner was ready. Everybody really loved it and it almost stole the show from Thanksgiving dinner the next day.
So if you find yourself needing to have a quick dinner on the table, prepare the Romesco sauce the day before and then use my recipe for this amazing Linguine with Broccoli and Romesco Sauce and you will be done in no time.
Linguine with Broccoli and Romesco Sauce
- 1 lbs pasta linguine
- 2 cups broccoli cut up
- 1,5 cup Romesco Sauce
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- In a small sauce pan heat up water, and once boiling add broccoli and steam for about 3 minutes (less or more if you prefer firmer or softer)
- Bring the large pot of salty water to boil on a high heat, add pasta and cook until tender for 8-10 minutes
- In a frying pan heat up Romesco Sauce, add pasta, broccoli and stir together
- Serve sprinkled with chopped chives
If you like this recipe you may also like this pasta recipes: