This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Kolokithokeftedes (Greek Zucchini Fritters with Feta) - August 30, 2022
- Brussels Sprouts Soup Recipe (European Style) - August 24, 2022
- Polish Meatballs (aka Kotlety Mielone) - May 9, 2022
Brown Sugar Pork Loin with Garlic & Herbs is one of the easiest and most delicious dinners you can make that will surely have people coming back for seconds.
Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Loin with Garlic as a super easy and flavorful dinner option
This Brown Sugar Pork Loin with Garlic & Herbs is really fantastic! It has this amazing sweet, garlicky topping which encrusts a juicy, succulent meat. Because my recipe for Brown Sugar Pork Chops with Garlic & Herbs is tremendously popular I decided to give this recipe a twist and make the whole loin with the very same ingredients. And the result is equally as outstanding.
When I told my husband that I want to make this loin for the blog, he was excited but also a little concerned. He said that pork loin is tricky because it has a tendency to dry out (Mind you, this awareness isn’t coming from someone who actually cooks, but rather from someone who just loves to eat meat). Well, I totally understand that concerns, but if you follow my instructions, I promise that, you will end up with a super juicy and flavorful meat.
Brine the Pork Loin
The number one priority to make a really juicy pork loin is …. BRINE. It doesn’t have to be long, but the meat needs to be brined for at least half hour (but the longer the better). You could even do it overnight. But if you are short on time and just want to get the dinner ready on the fly, work on something else while your meat is brining. A half an hour is a must. For the brine you will need:
- Large plastic ziplock bag;
- 3-4 cups of water (to make sure that the whole meat is covered);
- 3 tablespoon of kosher or himalayan salt.
You will place your loin in the ziplock bag and then submerge it in your brine. Then place your bag into a bowl and leave it in the fridge for at least half hour.
How to make Brown Sugar Pork Loin
In the meantime you can prepare the brown sugar & garlic mixture and heat up your oven. After the bringing process is completed you can just place the loin into a baking dish, generously sprayed with cooking spray, and rub the brown sugar garlic mixture all over it.
Pop it into the oven and the dinner will be ready in about 40-45 minutes. I took mine out when the internal temperature was 145 F and let it rest for 10 minutes. Large cuts of meat increase the temperature when resting, so you don’t want to overcook your meat.
What to serve this Pork Loin with
If you are wondering what to serve with this deliciously glazed Pork Loin, here are a few suggestions:
- Dill Mashed Potatoes with Brown Butter;
- Cauliflower Pasta Bake with Brie & Fontina;
- Wild Mushroom Risotto with Bacon and Leeks;
- Potato Leek Casserole;
- Cacio e Pepe Zucchini Noodles;
- Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon;
- Parmesan Spinach Orzo;
Whatever you chose to serve this Brown Sugar Pork Loin with, I can assure you that your family will certainly be raving about the meat. Enjoy!
Brown Sugar Pork Loin with Garlic & Herbs
- 3 tbsp Salt Himalayan or Kosher
- 4 cups Water
- 2.5 LBS Pork Loin
- 6 cloves Garlic 5, if the cloves are big; minced
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Thyme dried
- 1 teaspoon Oregano dried
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin; you can add up to 3 tablespoon
- Cooking spray
- To prepare the brine, dissolve salt in one cup of hot water and then add remaining 2-3 cups of water and let it cool to room temperature. To speed up the process you can add few ice cubes.
- Add pork loin to the zip lock and pour over the brine. Place in a bowl and then in a fridge for at least a half an hour.
- In the meantime, heat up you oven to 375F and prepare the marinade.
- Add minced garlic, brown sugar, herbs and olive oil into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Once the brining process is completed, pat the meat dry. Spray your baking dish with cooking spray and place your pork loin in the middle.
- Rub the garlic/brown sugar/herbs mixture all over the pork loin. Transfer to the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 145F. Cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes (it will continue to cook)