This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Rosol – Polish Chicken Soup (Authentic Recipe) - September 18, 2023
- Grilled Chicken Shawarma (Easy Middle Eastern Dish) - September 14, 2023
- Pan Fried Haddock Mediterranean Style - September 8, 2023
Perfect French Crepes – one of the most popular French street food is not as complicated to make as it may sound. For this easy recipe, blender does most of the job.
This post may contain affiliate links. I get commissions for purchases made through the affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy HERE.
I learned how to make these Perfect French Crepes many moons ago. Right after I graduated my high school and was going to start my Law School in Poland (that’s correct you go straight to law school after high school in Poland for 5 years), I found a job in a kitchen of French bistro.
At this time in Poland, it was a pretty fancy place. They were serving a lot of interesting dishes. I was 18 or 19 at that time and I learned some really good, French cooking tricks. One of them was, how to make a Perfect French Crepes.
How to Make Perfect French Crepes Batter
It may feel a little intimidating at first to make crepes but it is not that complicated. The trick is to make a perfect batter. The right proportions are the key.
Ideally, you should place the batter in the fridge for about an hour if you want it to have more bubbles and be more flexible. It’s not a necessary step, the crepes will come up great if you start pouring them on the pan right away.
The French bistro I worked for, sometimes added beer or sparkling water instead of water. With that much bubbles, the crepes will be definitely more fluffy.
For this recipe, I poured all my basic ingredients into the blender and start making the crepes right away. You can add a pinch of salt for savory crepes or 1 to 2 tablespoon of sugar and teaspoon of vanilla extract for a sweet version. I put neither as I wanted to make simple crepes and I actually never add anything because I want my crepes to be universal.
I can use some of them and make with egg, ham and cheese, or just ham and cheese or make these Easy Crepes Eggs Benedict and the other with banana and chocolate or simply with whipped cream and strawberries. It’s up to you how you want to craft your crepes. I wanted to show you options 🙂
- Put all your ingredients for the crepes into the blender.
- Mix it well until smooth.
- Heat up a pan and brush some butter on it.
- Pour about one ladle of batter and swirl around until you form round crepe. Let it cook until the edges are coming off when you use spatula around them about 1 minute.
- Flip the crepe and cook for another minute or two until the bottom is lightly brown.
- Take the first crepe out of the pan and don’t panic. The first one never comes out well.
- But the second and the rest will be looking pretty good. So, repeat the process: brash the pan, pour the batter, swirl and let it cook until it easily comes off, flip it and cook for another minute. Take it out and continue until you finish your batter.
What to fill the Perfect French Crepes With
When your perfect French crepes are done, you can make a decision what do you want to fill them with:
- Ham and Cheese;
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese;
- Mushroom and Cheese; or
- Maybe Nutella; or
- Peanut butter and banana; or
- Maybe jam; or
- Apple Sauce and Honey; or
- Whipped cream and strawberries (like on the video)?
Possibilities are endless. Go ahead and experiment.
Perfect French Crepes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- extra melted butter for brushing the pan
- pinch of salt for savory crepes (optional)
For sweet version (optional)
- add 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Melt the butter and let it cool a little;
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth;
- Now you can put the batter in the fridge for an hour to get more bubbles (this step is optional, you can start making your crepes immediately);
- Heat up a pan;
- Brush it with the butter;
- Using a ladle pour one ladle of batter on a pan and swirl around to cover all bottom of the pan with the crepes batter;
- Cook it for about a minute;
- Using spatula flip it and cook for a minute on the other side;
- Remove from the pan and repeat the process until you finish your batter;
If you like this recipe you may also like these other Ethnic recipes: