Crepes with egg, ham and cheese – divine combination that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
One Saturday morning I was wondering what are we going to have for breakfast. I felt kind of board with just fried eggs, scrambled or boiled. I had a feeling that I wanted something simple yet sophisticated. My husband was still asleep when I started by Crepes with egg, ham and cheese breakfast project. This was his first time of having crepes with eggs, but for me it wasn’t anything new.
Before my law school when I worked in the French Bistro as my summer job, I had not only learned how to make Perfect French Crepes, but also different ways of serving them. One of the most popular crepes was one with filled garlic spinach and fried eggs. At first I was skeptical, but once I tried I was hooked. It was awesome. Then few years ago I went on vacation to Greece. I found a little cafe that was serving breakfast and they were scrambling eggs on the crepes themselves, then topped them with cheese and any other ingredients of customer choice. I have not tried to make this version yet, but it’s on my “to do” list. And actually prior to this trip I went to Montreal for Jazz Festival. I started with breakfast in a famous Eggspectation and they served “Crepes Benedict”. Yes, it was exactly how it sounds: crepes instead of English muffin, ham, poached egg and hollandaise sauce. Damn, that was good… I even went there the next day and couldn’t help myself so I ordered the same breakfast. Yes, that’s how much I like my crepes with my eggs. Try this simple version of Crepes with egg, ham and cheese. Just grab my recipe for Perfect French Crepes and the rest is just a breeze.
Place the crepes on the buttered pan, add some shredded cheese and let it melt for a few moments.
In the meantime fry some scamptcous eggs.
Add the ham on the melted cheese.
Top the crepe with fried egg, fold the edges and voila, Crepes with Egg, Ham and Cheese are ready to be consumed.
I forgot to mention. Break the egg yolk and let it melt all over the crepe. That’s the best!
Crepes with egg, ham and cheesePrint Pin Rate
- 2 crepes (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used mexican blend, but any shredded cheese will work)
- 4 thin slices of cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of butter for frying the eggs and more melted for brushing the pan for crepes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the pan
- Brush it with melted butter
- Add the crepes
- Add 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and let it melt
- In the meantime heat up a butter in the frying pan
- Crack 2 eggs and fry sunny side up until the egg whites are set but the egg yolk is still soft
- Add 2 slices of ham on the melted cheese
- Top the crepes with fried egg and fold the edges
- Self immediately