This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Borscht (Barszcz Czerwony) – Authentic Polish Recipe - December 19, 2022
- Authentic Polish Pierogi with Potatoes and Cheese (Pierogi Ruskie) - December 8, 2022
- Mushroom Pierogi “Uszka” for Borscht - December 3, 2022
Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Cherry Tomatoes – perfect spring and summer dish.
Summer squashes are back in season! Yah…summer is around the corner.
Make this Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Cherry Tomatoes now and you will be right there, in the middle of a hot summer’s day. It’s so refreshing, crunchy and delicious and…generally ‘summery.’
I don’t know what else to say. It’s zucchini, with pesto, tomatoes and with some shavings of parmesan. My mouth is watering as I type this. I want it now, and again and throughout the whole season.
My pesto zucchini, please never leave me… But I digress.
Funny thing is that my hubby claims not to like zucchini, like he claims that he doesn’t like spinach, beets, cabbage, brussels sprouts and cauliflower (reoccurring theme).
However, I make this Greek Spinach Rice and he loves it, I make this Cauliflower and he likes it too. I make cabbage with bacon and he keeps saying I’m ok with that. I make brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction and bacon and he likes it.
He saw me making this Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Cherry Tomatoes and he said: (I’m quoting): “It looks delicious”! And it wasn’t said in sarcasm.
After I made it I was still a little bit skeptical, so I asked him if he wants to have it for lunch. He looked at me surprised and said: “I thought this dish was to eat it, right?” So I served my Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Cherry Tomatoes and I could only heard how great that was.
I guess my point here is, that preparation is the key. You can just steam zucchini with no spices and make it practically inedible or you can use my recipe and make a superstar 🙂 I suggest the latter.
If you are using store bought pesto this dish takes literally 5 minutes to make.
You just need to wash and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil, add tomatoes, pesto and add zucchini noodles. Season and mix it; then shave some parmesan and your Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Cherry Tomatoes are ready to eat.
- 2 zucchinis ,
- 2 tablespoon of store bought pesto (I use one from Costco)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes , cut in half
- 1 tablespoon shaved parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a spiral vegetable cutter (like Veggetii) create thin ribbons from zucchinis
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet
- Add tomatoes and cook for 1 minute
- Add pesto
- Add zucchinis, season with salt, pepper and mix well
- Cook for 2 minutes
- Remove from the heat and shave some parmesan on top
- Serve immediately
Quick, easy and deeeelicious!
Do u like cut the zucchini into noodles???
Hey Morgan. Check my recipe for Zucchini noodles with garlic and lemon to see what spirlizer I have.So, you can use spirlizer, or you can cut them very thin or some stores also sell them already spirlized.