This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Kolokithokeftedes (Greek Zucchini Fritters with Feta) - August 30, 2022
- Brussels Sprouts Soup Recipe (European Style) - August 24, 2022
- Polish Meatballs (aka Kotlety Mielone) - May 9, 2022
Today I present you with my ultimate Leftover Turkey Sandwich. It’s a perfect ensemble of Thanksgiving flavors in one bite. Mind you, this post is less like a recipe and more like a guide on how-to-assemble a perfect Thanksgiving sandwich. So, if you are still having plenty of food from this holiday, try this Leftover Turkey Sandwich. However, if all your food is already gone then just save this post for your next holiday….it’s so worth it.
How to prepare my Leftover Turkey Sandwich:
- I use sourdough bread, as I think it pairs best with these flavors. I then either toast the slices in the toaster oven, or add a little butter to a pan and toast it on one side in the pan. My toast is warm but all the other sandwich fixings are cold.
2. I cut the bread in the half and on one side I spread mayo and on the other side I spread cold gravy. I either use the gravy that I made in this recipe for Maple Mustard Glazed Turkey or I use Bobby Flay’s gravy.
3. Then I spread a spoonful of mashed potatoes onto the gravy.
5. Then I add cranberry sauce and a dollop of horseradish (this combination is incredible – a little sweet and sour cranberry sauce blends perfectly with spicy horseradish).
6. I top it all with a thin layer of my Sourdough Mushroom and Leek and Bacon Stuffing. Cover it and serve it with some extra cranberry and horseradish on a side.
As I mentioned above this is simply a guide. Obviously you can use any type of bread you like. You can switch the order of ingredients, or you can also skip some, or add some depending on what you have and what you like. But if you are looking for the ultimate combination of Thanksgiving flavors in one bite, look no further and try this Leftover Turkey Sandwich.
Leftover Turkey Sandwich
- 2 slices of sourdough bread , toasted
- 2 teaspoon of mayo
- 2 teaspoon of gravy
- 2 tablespoon of cooked mashed potatoes
- 4 slices of cooked turkey breast
- 2 teaspoon of cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoon of horseradish
- 2 tablespoon of stuffing
- Toast the bread to your liking and cut it in a half
- Spread mayo on one side of the bread
- Spread cold gravy on the other side of the bread
- Add potatoes on the gravy
- Add sliced turkey on the potatoes
- Add cranberry sauce and horseradish on the turkey
- Add stuffing and cover with the other side of the bread
- Repeat with the second slice of the bread
- Serve immediately
If you like this recipe you may also like these turkey leftover recipes:
Leftover Turkey Soup with Escarole, Dill and Lemon