Oven Baked Eggs with Sausage, Peppers & Onions
Oven Baked Eggs with Sausage, Peppers & Onions is super easy to make yet absolutely delicious. It's also elegant and perfect for special occasions like Mother's Day.
- 1 yellow onion - small to medium, cut in slices
- 1 red bell pepper - small, cut into small slices
- 4 links breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp cooking oil, ghee or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
Heat up oil or butter in the frying pan, add onions and cook for about 3 minutes
Add peppers to the pan and cook together with onions for another 5-7 minutes until vegetables are soft. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
In the meantime cook your breakfast sausage links according to instructions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
Spray the ramekins with the cooking spray
Once onions and peppers are cooked divide them between the ramekins
Cut up the sausages into the bite sizes and pace on top of the peppers/onions mixture
Crack 2 eggs into each ramekin
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Bake for 15-20 minutes until the egg whites are set and yolks still running
Serve immediately. You may sprinkle them with some chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread.
- You can use any breakfast sausage you like. My family loves chicken maple sausage and that's the one I used in this recipe
- Cooking time varies depending on the size of the ramekins, so after 15 minutes watch them carefully to take out at the right time when egg whites are just set and egg yolks are still runny.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 416mg | Sodium: 487mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2340IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2.5mg