Buffalo Chicken Grilled Pizza
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Marinade: 6 hours
Total Time: 35 minutes
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Pizza is made entirely on a grill with Buffalo marinated boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Wing Sauce on a pizza, blue cheese, ricotta, mozzarella and celery sticks.
- 1 lbs Chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1 package Budweiser Buffalo Chicken Marinade
- 1 lbs Pizza dough store-bought
- 1/2 cup Budweiser Wing Sauce Mild
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup Celery sticks chopped
- Flour & semolina for rolling the pizza
- Olive Oil to brush pizza dough
- Salt & pepper to taste
Marinating the chicken: Place the chicken into the bag with marinade and place in the fridge for overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
Preparing the pizza dough: Remove pizza dough from the fridge a few hours before cooking. Pizza dough should be at room temperature. Dust your cutting board or pizza peel with flour & semolina. Cut the dough in a half and place one of the halves on your board. Cover the other half with plastic wrap to avoid drying out. Roll or stretch the pizza so it is approx. 12 inches round or square. Cover with plastic wrap.
Prepare pizza toppings: Place sauce, all 3 cheese and cut up celery into a little bowls, so you have everything ready when your pizza crust is cooked.
Grilling the chicken: Heat up your grill to high and spray with cooking spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook on each side for about 5 minutes, until the internal temperature shows 165F. Remove the chicken from the grill and cover with aluminum foil. Using a grill brush, clean up your grill to prepare for pizza.
Grilling the pizza dough: Brush the top of your pizza with olive oil and throw your dough onto the grill oiled side down. Cook for about 1 minute, until grill marks are visible at the bottom and bubbles form on the top. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil and using thongs flip the dough onto the other side. Cook for another minute then remove onto a baking sheet. Cover your grill to retain heat.
Assembling the pizza: Spread 1/2 of the wing sauce onto your pizza dough, add 1/2 of the ricotta cheese (small dollops all over the dough), add half of the mozzarella and blue cheese. Place the whole baking sheet back onto the grill. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, until the cheeses are melted. Remove from the grill. **Be careful and use heavy kitchen mittens to avoid burning yourself.
Finishing up the dish: Cut up your chicken into small cubes. Spread half of the chicken onto your pizza and sprinkle with half of the celery. Repeat the whole process for the other half of your pizza dough. Enjoy.
To make this pizza on the stove:
- Place the pizza stone into the oven and preheat it to 450F;
- Heat up the stone for about 1/2 hour;
- Grill your chicken on a griddle for about 5 minutes on each side until the internal temperature shows 165F. Remove and cover with aluminum foil;
- Using a pizza peel dusted with flour & semolina, roll or stretch half of your pizza dough, add half of the wing sauce and cheeses on top;
- Carefully slide the pizza onto the hot stone in the oven and cook for 10 minutes;
- Remove from the oven, add half of the cut up chicken and celery sticks;
- Repeat with the other half of the pizza dough.
Calories: 612kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 158mg | Sodium: 1367mg | Potassium: 407mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 540IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 309mg | Iron: 4.3mg