Baked Mustard Chicken with Clementines
This Baked Mustard Chicken with Clementines recipe is inspired by the chef Ottolenghi, from one of my favorite recipes out of the famous 'Jerusalem: A Cookbook' (Roasted Chicken with Clementines & Arak).The original Ottolenghi chicken recipe is prepared with a lot of anis flavors with Arak, roasted fennel, and fennel seeds. I know that anis may not be everybody's favorite flavor, so I made a number of modifications to the original recipe and the result is outstanding!
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 Vidallia Onion Cut into quarters
- 2 Fennel Bulbs Cut into Quarters
- 4 Clementines sliced
- 4 strings Fresh Thyme
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup White Wine dry
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Clementine juiced
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice fresh, squeezed
- 2 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
Preheat the oven to 475 F.
In a bowl mix all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
On a sheet pan, place the chicken, cut up onions and fennel. Top it with clementines.
Pour the sauce all over the chicken, veggies, and clementines. Sprinkle fresh thyme and transfer the sheet pan to the oven.
Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are caramelized.
Serve with rice or bread.
- Use sheet pan big enough to accommodate all the ingredients. You do not want to overcrowd it. It could cause the chicken to steam as opposed to roast/bake.
- If after taking the dish out of the oven your sauce is too loose, remove chicken, veggies, and clementines onto a plate and cover with foil. Add the sauce into a saucepan and cook for a couple of minutes until it is reduced by half.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 849mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 44.8mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2.1mg