Cauliflower Fried Rice Mediterranean Style
Cauliflower Fried Rice Mediterranean Style is a super quick, healthy and delicious dish that can serve as a vegetarian main dish, or as a yummy side dish. You just need 15 minutes and a handful of ingredients, like cauliflower (or riced cauliflower), onions, tomatoes, feta and olives.
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice or 1/2 cauliflower head, processed or shredded
- 1/4 cup Red Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup Olives green and kalamata, cut in half
- 1/3 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice up to half a lemon juiced
- Salt and Pepper to tast
Heat up half a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Add half of the onions and cook until translucent;
Add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until soft;
Add cauliflower rice* and cook for 5 minutes. If using frozen cauliflower rice you may need to to cook if for a minute or two longer;
Once cauliflower is cooked add parsley, lemon juice**, remaining olive oil and check for seasoning. Add salt and pepper as desired.
At the end add feta and remaining fresh onions and serve.
- *You can use frozen store bought cauliflower rice; if you use fresh cauliflower head, remove the leaves and cut the cauliflower into florets. Use half of the cauliflower for this recipe. Eater add cauliflower to food processor and pulse few times until cauliflower is granulated or use grater and shred it.
- **I used half a lemon juiced, but the amount of acidity is a personal preference. Start with just a little squeeze (half a teaspoon) and if you think you need more lemon juice the whole half.
- You can add more fresh tomatoes on top.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 51.2mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 0.8mg