1. The secret to the amazing taste of this soup is a fresh extra virgin olive oil added once the soup is cooked.
2. Potato is optional as it is not traditionally part of the Greek soup but it adds texture and tastes great.
3. You can use any lentils you like; they differ in the time they cook but you can always taste them and see if they need more time.
4. All this seasoning is optional; you can use any spices you like.
5. I suggest starting with 5 cups of water or broth and adding more if the soup is too thick.
6. Red wine vinegar, as well as extra virgin olive oil, makes this soup so unique.
7. For the finish touches, you can add crumbled feta, parsley and/or dried oregano.