One Pan Herbed Lemon Chicken with Veggies Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 4 -6
- 1 whole chicken , skin on. cut into parts
- 1 pound medium potatoes cut in half
- 4 carrots , cut lengthwise
- 2 lemons , 1 1/2 sliced and 1/2 for drizzling
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 2-3 pinches of Spanish smoked paprika or Hungarian hot paprika
- 20 springs of fresh thyme
- 10 springs of fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 F
On a baking sheet with sides, drizzle some olive oil all over the pan
Add the lemon slices to the half of the sheet and add chicken on top of them (skin side up)
Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and drizzled with olive oil and add remaining lemon slices on top of each chicken part
On the other half of the sheet, add potatoes cut side down and carrots.
Season vegetables with salt and pepper and pinch of smoked or hot paprika
Cover everything with theme and rosemary
Drizzle more olive oil and the other half of the lemon all over the sheet pan
Roast until the chicken is cooked through, about 40 - 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F
Once chicken is cooked discard the rosemary and thyme
Remove the chicken from the pan and cover loosely with foil until ready to serve
1. This recipe is adapted from Sunny Anderson's Rosemary and Thyme Chicken
2. Sunny's recipe calls for whole chicken but you can use any parts you have.
3. Make sure that the carrots are big and you only cut them in a half. I cut mine one more time and they could use less time to cook.
4. The potatoes came out super amazing, but they need to be cut in half in order to soak all the juices from the pan.