French Salad Dressing
French Salad Dressing is super simple, requires just a few natural ingredients and can be put together in less than 5 minutes. Classic French vinaigrette is something that everyone who likes to cook great meals from scratch, should know. Below I will show you a step-by-step how to make this amazing simple French Dressing.
- 2 tbsp Shallots chopped (about one small or half big)
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar Or Red Wine Vinegar or Champagne Vinegar
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard (you can add more to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup Optional, added here to balance acidity
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Peel and finely chop 1 small shallot (2 tablespoons of chopped shallot) and add it to the mason-type jar;
Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar (White Wine Vinegar, but you can also use red or champagne vinegar);
Add 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (Tip: to create the best vinaigrette you'll need to keep this proportion of vinegar to oil 1:3);
Add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard;
Add about a 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Season with freshly ground black pepper;
OPTIONAL: add a teaspoon of Maple syrup to balance out acidity;
Put the lid on the jar and mix well. You can use it immediately or it can be kept in a refrigerator for about a week. Pour over your favorite salad.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 16mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Iron: 0.2mg