This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Turkey Stuffed Acorn Squash – all fall flavors in one dish - October 22, 2021
- Tomato and Peppers Stew – Hungarian Lecho - August 5, 2021
- Instant Pot® Beef Stroganoff - May 19, 2021
This is the post that will start the simple side dishes cycle. In this one the main role will be played by: Cauliflower.
Here’s a very simple and delicious side dish with a kick. Don’t get fooled by this white vegetable – it’s packed with vitamins and minerals that make it a super food. As part of the cruciferous family (i.e., broccoli, cabbage, ect…) it has anti-cancer abilities, it detoxifies your body, it has plenty of antioxidants, and it supports heart and brain health. So, while it looks white and innocent, it actually can do some good 🙂
This recipe has changed my husband’s view on the cauliflower. The cauliflower, like a few other veggies, are something that my husband traditionally has had a distaste for. Fortunately I was able to create couple of “go to” side vegetable dishes that he is OK with!!
Delicious roasted cauliflower with spicy red pepper flakes, olive oil and lemon is one of them. Give it a try, you might get some converts too.
- 1 head of cauliflower trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper and red-pepper flakes
- Bake the cauliflower until golden brown, but still crispy inside - about 10 to 15 mins (try a little piece before taking out)
- Once the cauliflower is done, transfer to a bowl and toss with lemon zest and juice and remaining tablespoon of olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or at room temperature